[OpenIndiana-discuss] destroyd a raidz under zfs-fuse and problem with a rpool (the system-disk)

Johan Nilsson joni8135 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 16:45:32 UTC 2011

2011/2/2 Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net>

> > My question is, how do I fix my raidz/zdisk?
>
> In theory that raidz should be available even without the third drive. What
> does cfgadm has to say about its status

Thanx Roy.

About my raidz named zdisk.
cfgadm just talked about usb... should I have some option or switch after?

I have tried to follow this guide from Larry.
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/download/Community+Group+zfs/docs/zfsadmin.pdfand
I think I manage to change the status for disk c2d1p0 to not be
'unable
to open, to 'was /dev/dsk/c2d1p0' , and the disk get an id-number instead.

On the screen, after I have zpool status:

"zdisk
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  Sufficient replicas exist
for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'. "

As I understand the red text says it's possible to 'Attach' the missing
device and online it with 'zpool online'. but I get:

~# zpool online zdisk  /dev/dsk/c2d1p0
warning: device '/dev/dsk/c2d1p0' onlined, but remains in faulted state
use 'zpool replace' to replace devices that are no longer present

But how do I use the 'zpool replace' ?

-----

> iostat -e / -E will show errors, and most likely quite a lot of them on the
> root drive. AFAIK there is no way to recover that without perhaps paying
> Oracle a truckload of money, and even that won't help much. That's why you
> should use redundant setups :P

About rpool degradation. I have got a checksum error just after a few days..
so my qustion is if it wrong with my harddrive or it just a coincident?

'iostat -e' or 'iostat -E' did not show any Soft, Hard or Transport error on
my system/root disk (where the rpool are.) . No, there are no redundant on
that disk, so there are probably nothing else to do than replace the
corrupted files (as being visible with -v. .. or reinstall...

Cheers