[OpenIndiana-discuss] Status about Open HA Cluster (OHAC)

Bernd Helber bernd at helber-it-services.com
Fri Feb 4 09:11:09 UTC 2011

Hi Mathias.
>> In Case its only a solution for failover ZFS Pools.
>> Not for applications, unfortunately.
>
> So, the services NFS, iSCSI and CIFS based on ZFS pools can be clustered
> currently, maybe even combined? That's all we need, no applications.

Maybe you would like to check out those Sources, the FreeBSD Developer
use the CARP and GEOM Framework for HAST.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/HAST
http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/share/examples/hast/?pathrev=204076
http://freebsdfoundation.blogspot.com/2010/02/hast-project-is-complete.html

> Maybe someone is successfully running OI_b148 with IHAC or OHAC (or at
> least tried) and can report here ;)

I assume it's not possible at the moment, cause OHAC/IHAC/Sun Cluster is
a Kernel Based Cluster, if there are changes in the Kernel and no Change
in the Cluster Source, massive Changes in the Kernel will break the Cluster.

OHAC was not maintained and  the Development stopped, i assume the IHAC
Guys have a lot of Bug fixing to do, before it really gets usable.

If you really need the Cluster  stick to Opensolaris 2009.6 Build 111b

> Cheers
> Mathias

Cheers

Bernd

> Am 03.02.2011 16:23, schrieb Bernd Helber:
>> Am 03.02.11 16:09, schrieb Mathias Tauber:
>>> Hm, that sounds like it is far away from stable :)
>>>
>> Exactly, but as you know hope dies at last. :D
>>> We'll wait for some progress...
>>
>> What other choice do we have?
>> There's no comparable solution.
>>
>> The FreeBSD Guys worked on a Solution comparable to HAStorage Plus, but
>> its far away from Sun Cluster based technologies.
>>
>> In Case its only a solution for failover ZFS Pools.
>> Not for applications, unfortunately.
>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Mathias
>>>

>> Cheers Bernd  ;)