[OpenIndiana-discuss] E-sata PCIe card problems

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Fri Feb 4 20:59:35 UTC 2011

>      Hi,
>
>      The BIOS is software  built into the PC.

Ah, the BIOS for the motherboard.

I'd have thought it possible to bind AHCI on a controller by controller basis.
The cards have their own BIOS, and one of the other cards which was sent back,
allowed me to get in to its own BIOS and adjust its settings.

I'll try changing the motherboard setting next time I reboot it, but I'm not
sure if that will give me problems booting off the system drives, though.

Anyway, I'm up to try anything at the moment! Nothing to lose.