[OpenIndiana-discuss] E-sata PCIe card problems

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Fri Feb 4 21:20:14 UTC 2011

On Friday 04 February 2011 21:13:39 Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> The motherboard BIOS setting only controls the integrated SATA
> controller - it won't do *anything* for discrete SATA controllers on
> separate cards.

I thought that was the case; but hey, I don't know everything so I was more
than willing to give it a try.

The Rocket 622 doesn't have any option to get in to its BIOS settings on boot,
and there are no firmware updates on their site.

Unless it is possible to control how OI talks with that card (and I haven't
found anything in the cfgadm or ahci man pages) then I'm stuck until that bug
is fixed.