[OpenIndiana-discuss] Are there any issues re ZFS on 2TB disks (from WD??) with large blocksizes?

Deano deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 12:33:42 UTC 2011

There is no problem in general with 2TB+ data drives under OI, you can get
some extra speed by using a modified zpool
(http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/SATA+-+Advanced+Format+and+4K+Sector+drives)
when you create but it works either way.

As mentioned by some other posters, for boot drives you also have an issue
of boot loaders and 32/64 bit ness.

HTH,
Deano
deano at cloudpixies.com