[OpenIndiana-discuss] Are there any issues re ZFS on 2TB disks (from WD??) with large blocksizes?

Deano deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 13:04:01 UTC 2011

Because disk labels issues only matter for boot loaders in most
circumstances...

If we could use EFI everywhere then there is no issue (32bit 2TB EFI is fine
for example), however as you mentioned EFI boot loading is currently patchy
due to BIOS issues.

Which means for all practical consideration, it's the boot loaders that
cause the issues with drive sizes.

Bye,
Deano