[OpenIndiana-discuss] Multipath IO Dual LSI 9211-8i

John T. Bittner john at xaccel.net
Tue Feb 8 15:03:36 UTC 2011

Have a system setup with dual LSI 9211-8i controller cards connected to a supermicro dual expander chassis  SC846E26-R1200B  This is a newer unit with a 6gb expander.
With opensolaris build dev 134 the unit would boot and then just freeze. Take out of one controller and it comes up fine.
Upgraded to openindiana oi_148 and now unit boots all the way and seems to be ok but the performance of the array has dropped from 500mps to 100mps. I am testing 13) 600gig 15k drives with 2 SSD's (log and cache).
When I do a test I do see both controllers accessing the drives. Shouldn't one controller be the primary and the secondary just waiting?

Also after this test, I rebooted the box and now it will not boot, it looks like it corrupted the boot drive.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

John Bittner