[OpenIndiana-discuss] beagleboard (arm) port?

Russ Price rjp_sun at fubegra.net
Tue Feb 8 23:30:55 UTC 2011

On 02/08/2011 09:57 AM, Jacob Ritorto wrote:
> Again, this is a home archiving system with requirements of 1) data integrity,
> 2) minimal impact on electric bill over a year's run time and 3) approximately
> no noise.

I'd recommend an AM2+ or AM3 board, and a low-power AMD CPU. I've been using an
Asus M4A785-M (which supports unregistered DDR2 ECC RAM) with good results. I
have 4 GB of ECC RAM installed.

It won't be as low-power as an Atom system, but I don't know of any Atom-based
boards that support ECC. If there is such a board, I'd love to know about it.