[OpenIndiana-discuss] An odd permissions issue...

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:16:47 UTC 2011

We had a funny issue where windows machines couldn't destroy any
files, but could create new ones and had problems with directories ...
it was down to the "nt acl support" being turned on (after compiling
different samba's, tracking down and comparing smb.conf's etc.)

This may not be your problem ... we had different issues on another of
our servers when "nscd" was _not_ running, but I think that was mostly
an IMAP issue using LDAP (NIS+ worked better without NSCD) ...

Jon