[OpenIndiana-discuss] GPU HCL - nVidia Questions & Advice

Guy Woolley guy.woolley at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 12 08:23:47 UTC 2011

  Edward,
               The system dies at the point you would expect Gnome to
fire up - that's the effect of the kernel bug. But you can start OI if
you choose the VESA option, and from there you can switch to the NV
driver which comes with OI, which is what I've done. Illumos are aware
of the problem and it's being reviewed by Colin Ellis for them.

Guy