[OpenIndiana-discuss] Peculiar behavior of a local IPS repository

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Mon Feb 14 22:33:42 UTC 2011

I've built the same IPS package many times and sent it to a local IPS
repository, both under Solaris 11 Express.  When I install it on
Solaris 11 Express, I get the latest build.  However, when I access
the same repository to install it under Illumos, I get the oldest
build.  In both cases, I used the Package Manager GUI to install it.
Why are the two different?

As far as I can tell, there's no way to delete the old builds from
the repository, other than starting over by deleting everything.
This is rather inconvenient.  Is there a better way?