[OpenIndiana-discuss] JRE/JDK 6u24 released for security patches

Dmitry G. Kozhinov dima at desktopfay.com
Fri Feb 18 13:26:46 UTC 2011

Thanks for the alert. I have updated my JRE on my OSol 2010.03 (though
it was a bit tricky and involved manual folder rename/move). The box is
used for production as a web and ftp server.

This issue have forced me to look again at OpenSUSE - I am thinking of
migrating to it while OpenIndiana is not yet matured enough and not yet
receiving critical security patches in time. There is no Java at all by
default in OpenSUSE (and maybe in all other Linuxes). No Java, no (this)
vulnerability. Other security holes are patched in time (I think).

No Java, no ZFS, no a lot other great stuff... But it will do web and
ftp for me... Still with OSol yet :) Cannot just waste the favorite OS.

Dmitry.