[OpenIndiana-discuss] Build 147 ZFS / NFS / iSCSI system reboot

Steve Jacobson stevej at doyenz.com
Fri Feb 18 22:54:53 UTC 2011

We're using ietd 1.4.20.2 for the iSCSI target software with a very basic configuration:

Target iqn.2007-07.com.doyenz:dshelf4.megaraid0
        Lun 0 Path=/dev/sdc,Type=blockio
        Lun 1 Path=/dev/sdd,Type=blockio
        Lun 2 Path=/dev/sde,Type=blockio
        Lun 3 Path=/dev/sdf,Type=blockio
        Lun 4 Path=/dev/sdg,Type=blockio

We're not using multipathing.

We've been testing a bunch of configs trying to nail this down, and our current theory is that there's a bug on the Ubuntu target side which causes an iSCSI reset on the initiator side.  When this reset is occurring, we're getting the mutex_panic from what the iscsi initiator is doing with iscsi_handle_reset.  We have some similar systems which work just fine, so we're trying to isolate the differences.  One difference is that we are using 802.1q VLAN tagging on the new setups, and we're not on the old.  We think that might be what's contributing to the reset call.  Regardless, though, the panic on OI is our biggest concern.

Thx!

-steve j

--
Steve Jacobson | Director of Operations | Doyenz, Inc.
11245 SE 6th Street, Suite 120 | Bellevue, Wash. | 98004