[OpenIndiana-discuss] 2 Node ZFS ISCSI failover Cluster with one SAS storage attached

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Sun Feb 20 16:22:53 UTC 2011

hi,

we want to build a two node failover cluster for exporting ZFS Volumes via ISCSI. The nodes are connected both to one 90TB SAS storage. We had success with Solaris 10 and the HA Storage plus Cluster package (3.x), but after Oracle has changed the license with Sol10/U9, we can't use it anymore for free :-(
So, does OpenIndiana has everything, what we had under Solaris? Otherwise, can we use other tools, without heavy scripting?
I looked also for FreeBSD (x.14) (carp + devd), but the ZFS version is a bit old and there is no ISCSI-Target on board.

any suggestions?

cu denny