[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi-dev-148-x86.usb.writable-with-dd headless install over serial possible

Darko Hojnik hojnik at virtualizing.org
Mon Feb 21 15:38:17 UTC 2011

hello list

Just a litte question. I have Servers accessible with IPMI over Serial
over Line (COM1). They haven't a keyboard or a Monitor. And also a CD ROM.
But there can boot with USB Sticks.
If I would use the oi-dev-148-x86.usb.writable-with-dd image for install
with an USB Stick,  is it possible to install the OS over an serial
console?
I didn't try it because I don't want waste several hours if it's
impossible. So that's why I'm asking.

kind regards
Darko Hojnik