[OpenIndiana-discuss] Network visualization software for OpenSolaris, anyone

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Wed Feb 23 12:26:08 UTC 2011

I have discovered we have a need for some kind of network visualization.

Ideally it should be able to automatically generate (most of) its data,
like from talking to SNMP-nodes.

A very important bit is to be able to tie the overall layout to a
physical map of the area, individual nodes to images of the actual HW,
differentiate between fibre and copper, and some drill-down and some
node description ability.

Initially we tried the NetViz suite, but it IS expensive if we want to
use it all the way. Also I'm not sure how automatic it could be.

Is there anything useful, and easily installed, that could run under OI?