[OpenIndiana-discuss] No Gcc 4 found in OpenIndiana repositories???

zero mind zeropyon at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 25 11:51:36 UTC 2011

On 25 February 2011 11:21, Hans J. Albertsson
<hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se> wrote:
> I came across a web page on the openindiana site that stated clearly that
> openindiana had gcc 4.3.3 on its repositories starting in b147.

It's in the opensolaris.org repo actually.

> However, my package manager cannot find anything later than gcc 3 in the
> openindiana repositories.
>
> What's up?

If you're using packagemanager it may be set to only search the
openindiana.org repo, which only has gcc 3.
In that case try selecting 'All Publishers' from the dropdown menu on
the left before searching.

It'll be installed in /usr/gcc/4.3/ by the way.

Nico