[OpenIndiana-discuss] No Gcc 4 found in OpenIndiana repositories???

Guido Berhoerster gber at openindiana.org
Fri Feb 25 15:20:51 UTC 2011

* ken mays <maybird1776 at yahoo.com> [2011-02-25 13:48]:
> Get a copy of OI_148a >= 2/23/2011 as well...

What everybody seems to call oi_148a is a demo produced for
SCALE. Unfortunately Andrzej put the ISO up on
dlc.openindiana.org, basically it is oi_148 with Illumos
instead of Oracle ONNV and a customized G11n consolidation.
This is NOT a new development release, it has not been tested
thoroughly and just as our experimental Illumos IPS repos it is
intended for developers and those wishing to test the bleeding
edge.
When there is a new stable or development release we will
publically announce it. Since we have an open development process
you might find experimental/intermediary repos or images which
are not intended for general use, can disappear again at any time
and may break your system and cause you to loose data. Only
use them if you know what you're doing.

--
Guido Berhoerster