[OpenIndiana-discuss] [zfs-discuss] iSCSI initiator question

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sat Feb 26 21:20:20 UTC 2011

> > Now, the question is simple, where would you think the source of
> > these errors belong?
>
> Based on the log supplied, it would appear that the iSCSI Target from
> SANRAD is failing on the SCSI command 0x8a, being a SCSI Write(16)
> command.
>
> A SCSI Write(16) command is required to read and write to SCSI LUNs
> that are equal to, or greater than 2TBs in size. The Check Conditions
> and resulting information give indications that I/Os to LBAs above the
> 2TB size are those that are failing.
>
> To validate this, performing I/Os at the 2TB boundary, or higher will
> trigger the use of Read(16) and/or Write(16) SCSI CDBs, and thus iSCSI
> I/Os between initiator and target. The can be done with dd(1m) as
> follows:

Thanks a bunch. Now, it really shouldn't be a 2TB boundary problem. We've been using this Sanrad thing for far larger volumes, and we have larger volumes in production too, which work, so I'm starting to think maybe the Sanrad is indeed the problem. The storage units (NexSAN stuff) don't show any bad drives, so I somewhat doubt that's the problem.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy (who can't wait till he gets this proprietary shite kicked out)
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.