[OpenIndiana-discuss] Quadro 600 No Joy - Solved

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Mon Feb 28 15:59:51 UTC 2011

Jon,

This particular v20z refuses to update to the latest firmware, but bge
works properly for OpenSolaris up to and including 134b so it looks to
be a change to the bge driver found in Oi 147 or 148.  There is another
issue where apcupsd wouldn't run because of some change in libusb as
well.  Recompling from source wouldn't fix that problem either.

Unfortunately, this is my home router, file, web, mail, et. al. server
so I can't do extended experimentation and debugging.

That a second person saw a CPU issue with the bge driver makes me (want)
to believe something changed in the driver source to cause this.

Gary