[OpenIndiana-discuss] Questions about AD integration

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Mon Feb 28 17:21:23 UTC 2011

Hi all

Setting up a new server for a remote office now, I'll be integrating it all into AD. After following a few howtos, it seems to work well. However, I still have a few issues:

 - The home directory property doesn't seem to be set, even if I set "Local Path" under "Home folder" in the "Profile" tab in AD. NIS extensions are installed, so the homedir is set there, but neither of them show up in getent.

 - I want to allow users to login to servers on S10, Linux and OI using their AD accounts, but this doesn't seem to work. I can't find any AD PAM module, and I didn't have much luck with SMB. The docs said passwd should create compatible passwords after a change, but passwd didn't let me do much:

rsk at nilu@verdande:~$ passwd rsk at nilu
passwd: User unknown: rsk at nilu
Permission denied

I tried LDAP too, but not sure if that was correctly configured.

Does anyone know how I can fix these issues?

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 97542685
roy at karlsbakk.net
http://blogg.karlsbakk.net/
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres intelligibelt. Det er et elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å unngå eksessiv anvendelse av idiomer med fremmed opprinnelse. I de fleste tilfeller eksisterer adekvate og relevante synonymer på norsk.