[OpenIndiana-discuss] Some questions about OpenIndiana

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Sun Jan 2 12:30:59 UTC 2011

Am 02.01.11 13:10, schrieb Jean-Yves Avenard:
> On 2 January 2011 21:42, Chris Ridd<chrisridd at mac.com>  wrote:
>
>> It is related to nwam, if memory serves. Changing back to network:physical (I'm away from the box and might have the wrong name, but you get the idea) avoided the problem for me.
>>
>> Auto-magic indeed...
> The error seems to indicate that /var/ldap isn't available at the time
> it is trying to use the ldap config files

Actually on each version of OpenSolaris/OpenIndiana/Solaris 11 I
disabled nwam and on each system upon booting the error message about
the missing ldap config has been displayed. However, on all systems the
ldap configuration worked nevertheless. And even the though the error
message indicated that /var/ldap/ldap_client_file is absent, it actually
isn't.

Go check it for yourself, I'd bet that this is the same on your host.

Cheers,
budy