[OpenIndiana-discuss] Setting up rsync server - can't enable the service

Chris Mosetick cmosetick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:12:57 UTC 2011

Sorry I'm not able to offer any assistance, as I have not needed an rsync
server on OI just yet. However, I tend to view running a rsync daemon as one
of those things that is a core component of an operating system. If
OpenIndiana is to become a viable choice for people to turn to in the world
of operating systems, installing/configuring an rsync daemon should not be a
frustrating, nor manual process. Personally, I feel that configuring
/etc/rsyncd.conf and using svcadm to enable the service should really be all
that is required.  I look forward to that being the case in the upcoming
stable release of OI.

cheers,

-Chris