[OpenIndiana-discuss] Messed up system

hairryharry hairryharry at tesco.net
Thu Jan 6 12:53:39 UTC 2011

Hi

Have been running OI148 on Sony Netbook with good results. Had installed
OpenOffice from osol repo (contrib) and decided to uninstall through
package manger and install 3.2.0 GB version from download.
Could not get 3.2 to work and OI hung on shutdown requiring drop to
console log in and halt from there.
On booting drops out to console and will not allow root login only user.
When trying to then "startx" or any command I get
"-bash:/usr/bin/startx: /bin/ksh : bad interprter: no such file or
directory"

Now I am a long time linux usr and plyed with solaris, osol and now oi
for last 18mnth but still very much a newbie.

This install was very much a test bed for my home/home office machine so
if this issue is easily fixed then great and please point me in the
right direction otherwise I will do a fresh install as no data loss.

Thanks,

Mike