[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrading from 134b to 148 fails

Till_OI at justmoments.de Till_OI at justmoments.de
Fri Jan 7 19:01:16 UTC 2011

On 07.01.2011 16:03, Nikola M. wrote:
> I don`t think anyone mentioned yet managing of updating from snv_134b to
> oi_148 yet.
> If anyone managed to update from 134b to oi_148, please tell so.

Just did this two days ago.

Clean system with almost nothing, was only used as a fileserver with
ZFS, SMB and NFS.
No additional packages.

pkg had some dependencies that could not be resolved, but "pkg
image-update -f" resolved all issues.  ;)

Problems so far:
1) I could not shut down the system with the power button from the login
screen. GDM had no rights to do that.
2) Keyboard layout was set to US/English, I had to change manually back
to the German layout.
3) The time-slider-cleanup script was still listed in crontab, had to be
removed manually.

So it is working with only a standard installation and no additional
packages. Please don't try this on an important system. It is probably
not the best way to do an update.

--Till