[OpenIndiana-discuss] General ZFS questions (Michelle Knight)

Robin Axelsson gu99roax at student.chalmers.se
Thu Jan 13 19:14:08 UTC 2011

Since you're not after that many ports perhaps an LSI1064e based card
would be a better choice. There are a lot of different OEM manufacturers
that produce these cards, for example Intel, Cisco, Dell (Perc),
Fujitsu-Siemens, HP, IBM (ServeRaid) etc.

If an LSI1034E-R is too expensive, perhaps Cisco has one 4-port model.
You could also look at S26361-F3257-L4 or S26361-F3257-L4 which is from
Fujitsu. If I were to buy a new HBA I would go for an Intel SASUC8I.
Also note that you will need an SFF-8087 -> SATA fanout cable.