[OpenIndiana-discuss] Package dependencies

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 15:22:03 UTC 2011

I noticed mention in the stable discussion that there was an issue w/ package dependencies.  However, I've not found a way to search the list archive for past discussion.

Can someone get me oriented?  What do you need?  I'm assuming that ldd(1) will provide an 80% solution after a bit of processing.  My intent is to write a script that will automatically rebuild the dependency tree.

Library dependencies are easy to identify and document, but text file & executable dependencies are harder.  How significant are those?  It's easy to find the targets, but harder to find the references.

Have Fun!
Reg