[OpenIndiana-discuss] sun people that has left oracle after acquisition

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Wed Jan 19 11:46:31 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 19 January 2011 10:52:24 ZoneAdm wrote:
> The Sun is shining all over the Globe!
>
> As an outsider I keep wondering if Oracle is a beast or a beauty. .

A beast from a Solaris customer perspective. Training costs shot up 50% for
us. Licence costs and terms also didn't impress.

This long standing Sun customer will likely be evaluating RHEL on HP with
virtualisation instead of Zones for the next server choice.

That is a few years away yet, so we'll see what Oracle do. But I have to
admit, it isn't looking pretty.