[OpenIndiana-discuss] sun people that has left oracle after acquisition

Bernd Helber bernd at helber-it-services.com
Wed Jan 19 13:21:04 UTC 2011

Am 19.01.11 14:13, schrieb Apostolos Syropoulos:
>> There is no commercial support for Training like the Sun Microsystems Days.
>>
>> Thats the issue, we spoke about.
>>
>> Or that's what i understood. ;)
>
> In different words, people want to pay to get trained? And what about
> all these online resources, the thousands of  printed pages or books,
> papers, articles, etc.?
>
> A.S.

Yes People want to get trained by certified trainers, its necessary
especially if you have to run a production environment. In most  cases
those trainers were very well experienced in the different products.

>From my experience you could lern faster, if you get educated by trainers.
The training Sun provided to customers was a got investment, they had
labs with dedicated machines you could play with. They also provided
Documentation for the courses.

Online ressources like docs.sun.com, blogs.sun.com or third party Blogs
and Pages are great and absolutely useful, but you could share
experience with other guys in the classroom too.

Especially training in Stuff like Sunstoragetek Backup (Legato
Networker) or Sun Cluster was very helpful.

It defintely makes sense.

just my 2 cents

Cheers. ;)

@All sorry for off topic