[OpenIndiana-discuss] Zpool upgrade didn't seem to upgrade

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Thu Jan 20 16:12:59 UTC 2011

Thanks Bernd,

I know ... it isn't a backup solution. This is why I have the e-sata problems,
to back up to external hard drives. - and I'm having problems with that as
well :-)

But the problem here is that the export and import should enable ZFS to make
use of the extra space ... but for some reason it is behaving as if there are
still three 1.5tb drives making up the pool.

I'll follow the links you've kindly supplied and see if there is a manual way
of telling ZFS that there is extra space on the pool.

The extra scrubs, by the way, were while I was having problems with the USB
access. I wanted to make sure the data was being copied OK ... which, of
course, it wasn't!!!

Michelle.