[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can anyone recommend an external SATA card?

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Thu Jan 20 21:08:12 UTC 2011

> Thanks Greg,
>
> I had written off the previous suggestions of using e-sata interfaces,
> because the motherboard sata ports are already fully used.
>
> I hadn't thought of using such interfaces on a PCI-E card. That's actually a
> great idea.
>
> Michelle.

I've managed to get a couple of these...
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/akasa-esata-45-ex-internal-sata-to-external-
esata-pci-backplate-adaptor

Hopefully they'll do the job.

All I need now is a card. The problem with many that I'm finding listed, don't
actually list what chipset they are based on, so I'm fishing in the dark.

Anything in this list sound familiar?

http://www.scan.co.uk/Shop/Computer-Hardware/All/HDD-Controllers/SATA-SAS-
eSATA-2-4-Port

Michelle.