[OpenIndiana-discuss] Can anyone recommend an external SATA card?

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Sat Jan 22 15:43:49 UTC 2011

Thanks to everyone so far with the chipset recommendations.

I've done a lot of reading and the best value I can find so far is this...

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/highpoint-rocketraid-640-%28rr640%29-4-channel-
internal-pci-e-20-x4-to-sata-6gb-s-raid-controller-card#ProductFeatures - for
probably £100 delivered.

For the price, I'm thinking PCI-e x4 - four internal 6Gb/s SATA 3 connectors,
connect two of them to the outside world with the e-sata connector plates that
a few people have suggested. That still leaves me with some more connectors
should I later decide to up the PSU power and add some more drives.

Unless anyone has a better idea?

Michelle.