[OpenIndiana-discuss] help: ssh won't start this morning

Albert Lee trisk at opensolaris.org
Mon Jan 24 18:14:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:54 AM, ann kok <oiyankok at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Thank you. I understand it now
>
> But this might not be good for us when most our systems need remote access
>
> Now. I know it is nfs issue

The vfstab line you pasted was for a local UFS filesystem, not an NFS
server. It is also strange because slice 2 (reserved for representing
the whole disk) is being used, where normally UFS uses a normal slice
- you might corrupt the Solaris disklabel if you use the whole disk.

For NFS, using autofs will ensure that the system is not dependent on
the server being reachable. /etc/auto_master defines autofs
mountpoints, and the default /net autofs dir allows you to browse NFS
shares as /net/servername/...

> 1/ How can I make the box still fine when the mount point is not available?
>
> 2/ How can I start the ssh even any services are in problem? At least I can remote access to do the trouble shooting
> In linux. I can simply add it in rc.local /usr/sbin/sshd

If you really want, you can remove the dependency on filesystem/local
with svccfg, but these services should never fail and you should avoid
doing anything that can cause the them.

-Albert