[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Jan 25 18:58:29 UTC 2011

On 01/25/11 10:50 AM, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> As for the MTA discussion, Postfix is pretty much a drop in replacement
> for Sendmail, and my vote would be to replace Sendmail entirely.

I still don't understand this subthread - if someone wants to start working
on postfix as a development project for a future release, that makes sense,
but doing it as a bug fix in a stable branch that's just supposed to be
providing fixes for the b148 already shipped?   That just seems to violate
the definition of a stable branch.   At the very least it should go into
the development branch first to get some testing before you even consider
backporting it to stable.

(Not that I get a vote - that's up to the developers who actually do the
 work, not those of us just here to provide color commentary.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com