[OpenIndiana-discuss] Proposal: OpenIndiana Stable Branch

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Wed Jan 26 03:47:35 UTC 2011

Personally, whether it's sendmail, postfix, qmail or something else I
couldn't care less.  We all have our MTA of choice.

For the mail server I pull whatever it is it out to run spamdyke/qmail
with an IMAP (dovecot) interface for access from all the other
machines.  I've done it dozens of times over the years and it takes me
less than an hour starting from source.

The other machines just have to send or relay to the mail server so they
could use whatever does the job.  In this case, I could choose something
like nullmail, but why bother?  For the few cron jobs etc. that need to
send messages, I wouldn't sweat whether X is better than Y.  They all
get the job done.