[OpenIndiana-discuss] BSD Magazine mentions OpenIndiana

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:52:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 03:26, Dustin Marquess <dmarquess at gmail.com> wrote:
> My main laptop ran PC-BSD for months.  It then ran Solaris 11 Express
> for a couple of weeks.  It worked damn well, except I couldn't stand
> GNOME.  Kept meaning to try the KDE packages out,

let me use this as an opportunity to plug KDE (even though many of you
will have heard this from me before): I use it exclusively on my main
workstation (at home, sadly not my work workstation anymore) and have
been since I was running - IIRC - snv b<100, now on OI 148, and have
been happy with it most of the time, esp. recently. Yes, it's somewhat
of a resource hog, and has its bugs, but surpasses Gnome by far where
it counts for me (configurability, for one).

Michael
--
regards/mit freundlichen Grüssen
Michael Schuster