[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to determine if one is running on b134b or b134

Calum Mackay calum.mackay at oracle.com
Thu Jan 27 16:15:39 UTC 2011

hi Hans,

On 27/01/11 08:05, Hans J. Albertsson wrote:
> Suppose something has thrashed all my notes and logs, and the BE-names
> turn out to be less descriptive than one intended, and everything else
> conspires against me ( :-) ); HOW does one determine if a BE is pure
> Osol 134, or pure Osol 134b?

In general, one would expect it to be in /etc/release, e.g:

$ head -1 /mnt/etc/release
                       Oracle Solaris 11 Express snv_151a X86

but I can't remember whether this was true for 134b, nor do I have such
a BE lying around to test...

If you have it booted, you could check the Branch of the "entire"
incorporation:

	pkg info -l entire

or from a BE mounted on /mnt:

	pkg -R /mnt info -l entire