[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgraded to OI148: now "entire" is not installed!

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Mon Jan 31 09:48:10 UTC 2011

I upgraded (using pkg image-update) to OI148 (Described in a previous
email) from OSol b134.

When I now check, the "entire" package is not installed?

Is this OK, or should I

A: Worry?

B: Do something about it? If so, PLEASE tell me what! In some detail,
please!

Note, in spite of having been at Sun for well over 21 years, I was never
involved in the recent development of things like Open Solaris in a
technical way.
My last years were spent managing unwilling hordes, and then managing a
lab. I could get a new machine out of the box, into a rack and globally
accessible in under 2 minutes, but that's the extent of the tech
challenges of lab management. I'm comfortable with ZFS, too. ZFS hits a
lab guy every day. But that's it. So please be patient with me and
advise me.

I did have the idea of beadm-creating a clone, mounted on /a
then pkg -R /a install -f -v entire...., just to see, but if I know more
when I try that, I'll get further.