[OpenIndiana-discuss] ntpd not keeping time in sync

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Sat Jul 9 15:33:49 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Chan [mailto:christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk]
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:53 AM
To: openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Subject: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] ntpd not keeping time in sync

On Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:30 PM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

> I see those messages too, but the time stays accurate.

"Okay, so maybe flaky electricity does not affect ntpd...but would it
mess up the system clock?"

I can't see how.  I think we have two different things going on in your
case.  The 500ppm messages seem to be something with the solaris kernel time
keeping mechanism.  In my case it seems to be harmless.  It's hard to
believe that in your case, it screws up the time by an hour (although I
could be wrong...)