[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox 3.1.8 / bridged networking on oi_148 x86 host

Dave Koelmeyer davekoelmeyer at me.com
Mon Jul 25 08:06:20 UTC 2011

On 25/07/11 07:57 PM, Open Indiana wrote:
> Are you sure that your nics are still named rge?

Yep:

$ dladm show-link
LINK        CLASS     MTU    STATE    BRIDGE     OVER
rge0        phys      1500   up       --         --
vboxnet0    phys      1500   unknown  --         --
e1000g0     phys      1500   unknown  --         --

As you can see, I have an Intel gigabit card in the box as well, and
VirtualBox don't like it either for bridged networking. I'll just go
with VirtualBox 4.x.

Cheers,

--
Dave Koelmeyer