[OpenIndiana-discuss] nexenta dsm

Gary gdriggs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 00:32:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011, jason matthews wrote:

> Does anyone have an experience with it, either good or bad?

Curious -- I only see the debian package for Nexentastor or NCP;
http://apt.dataonstorage.com/dists/hardy-stable/main/binary-solaris-i386/base

I've extracted the binaries  but it's unclear whether this will work outside
of Nexentastor's plug-in architecture. Also, the documentation and web site
suggests that it's only for their hardware. That's not surprising but if
they're also letting others use the binaries on mainstream (or forked)
Solaris distributions I don't see how they've provided it in a way that
makes that possible -- or at the very least uncomplicated.

-Gary