[OpenIndiana-discuss] Problem on setting keyboard layout

YOSHIDA Shigeru yshigeru at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 02:32:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

2011/7/26 Ewald Ertl <ewald.ertl at gmail.com>:
> Since a former version in OpenSolaris there was a change to set the keyboard
> in a SMF-Service:
> ( I haven't done this on a plain OI installation )
>
>  [ewer at solewer:~]$svccfg -s svc:/system/keymap:default
>
> The property in my case is:
> keymap/layout                      astring  German

I followed above indication.

yshigeru at openindiana:~$ svccfg -s svc:/system/keymap:default
svc:/system/keymap:default> listprop keymap/layout
keymap/layout  astring  US-English
svc:/system/keymap:default>

However, the layout is still Japanese.
I think there is a keyboard settings whose value is still Japanese.

Are there any other settings should I check?

Thanks,

shigeru