[OpenIndiana-discuss] LXDE on OI?

sysop at lavabit.com sysop at lavabit.com
Thu Jun 2 07:26:55 UTC 2011

> Thanks for that.  I'm actually going to try and teach myself to build it,
> because I need to learn. :-)  But chances are I'll get stuck and need
> this!
>
> Just out of interest, if I do use this, how do I install these?  Do I just
> search for lxde and do it one package at a time?  Or is there a way to
> resolve the dependencies automatically?

You could add the repo via Package Manager, it would do an auto refresh
and then the lxde packages would be available. Check dependencies via the
tab at the bottom.
Alternatively http://cooperlees.com/blog/?p=390 gives a CLI option.

Dependencies shouldn't be an issue, looking at the Manifests on
http://staticdev.uk.openindiana.org:10002/en/catalog.shtml the top few
entries are for 'depend'.