[OpenIndiana-discuss] Nokia N8-00

Olaf Bohlen olafbohlen at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 3 06:59:50 UTC 2011

Maxim <maxim.mvk at gmail.com> writes:

Hi Maxim,

> I've tried to set up mobile internet using Nokia N8-00 under OI b148,
> but looks like system doesn't see my device...
> I've expected that new device will be in /dev/N8 or smth like this as it
> described in
> http://blogs.oracle.com/jameslegg/entry/mobile_internet_under_opensolaris.
> But looks like something wrong..
>
> prtconf -v shows only Nokia device as storage, but probably I missed
> something.

Have you selected "PC Suite Connection" on your N8 when attaching
the USB cable? If you selected "Storage" you will never see a
serial device. (This may be configured as your default USB
connection see in the settings of your Nokia)

If it is there, you should see a /dev/cua/0 (or 1, 2,...) which
you can use for dialing.

Yours

--
Olaf Bohlen      <olafbohlen at googlemail.com>
Fon: +49 172 4561817         RIPE: DARK-RIPE