[OpenIndiana-discuss] Need help with userland gate package publishing, for Samba 3

Gordon Ross gordon.w.ross at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 04:22:23 UTC 2011

I've configured Samba 3.5.8 for OI, but need some help with the
"make publish" failures it produces.  There are messages for
most/all files saying, for example:

/tank/ws/userland-gwr/components/samba3oi/build/manifest-i386-samba.depend
has unresolved dependency 'depend fmri=__TBD
pkg.debug.depend.file=libgss.so.1 pkg.debug.depend.path=lib
pkg.debug.depend.path=usr/lib pkg.debug.depend.path=usr/lib/samba
pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/sbin/smbd pkg.debug.depend.type=elf
type=require' under the following combinations of variants:

Can anyone tell me what that means and how to fix it?

If you'd like to try reproducing the errors, grab the gate:
  http://hg.openindiana.org/userland-gate
and then apply the patch file shown in here:
  http://www.yalms.org/cr/userland-samba3/

The "gmake build" works fine for me, but a
"gmake publish" fails as described above.
Any help appreciated - thanks!

I'm sure someone will point out that the Oracle folks just pushed a
config of Samba 3.5.8 as well, but I want to configure it specifically
for OI to take advantage of some recent changes in illumos so that
the Samba packages don't "drag in" the /usr/lib/mps packages.
I also fixed some bugs in ../../configure style configure methods,
where sources are "over there".  Those are just patches in my
userland WS for now.  I'll submit them upstream later.

Thanks,
Gordon