[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building an Installer

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Sat Jun 4 12:08:58 UTC 2011

Thanx a lot for all the suggestions.
A last question before starting: should I use it under OI or under a bare IllumOS?
Da: Deano
A: 'Discussion list for OpenIndiana'
Data: 3 giugno 2011 9.07.12 CEST
Oggetto: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Building an Installer
Yes OI is built with distro-constructor and caimen. If you do manage get
some experience with it, it would be great to write up your notes on the
wiki.
Customizing the installer works, but its currently a bit hidden, so any
extra info you could add would be appreciated.
The oi-dev IRC channel and ML will also be able to help you out, as there
the devs who use it to produce the main OI installers with
distro-constructor hang out.
Bye,
Deano