[OpenIndiana-discuss] Glassfish 2.1.1 on oi_148 - broken? (JCEKS not found)

Dave Koelmeyer davekoelmeyer at me.com
Mon Jun 6 02:51:04 UTC 2011

On 25/12/10 12:15 AM, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been running Glassfish 2.1.1 on oi_147 x86 (and OpenSolaris
> snv_134 before it) with no problems, originally installed from the
> opensolaris.org IPS repository.
>
> After upgrading to oi_148, attempts to start my domain result in the
> error:
>
>  "[exec] Security Store uses: JKS
>   [exec] JCEKS not found"
>
> Manually downloading the 2.1.1 binary and running the setup procedure
> results in the same error:
>
> "[exec] Security Store uses: JKS
>  [exec] JCEKS not found
>  [exec] CLI130 Could not create domain, domain1"
>
> (according to http://glassfish.java.net/downloads/v2.1.1-final.html)
>
> Switching back to my my oi_147 boot environment, I can start the
> domain fine.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

I'd obviously made some manual configuration change to the Java setup on
my box originally, as running the update to oi_148 modifed everything at
/usr/bin/jdk, including wiping out the sunjce_provider.jar file at
/usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_21/jre/lib/ext. Simply copying over the entire JDK
from the oi_147 BE on my system seems to have resolved this.

Cheers,

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://davekoelmeyer.wordpress.com/