[OpenIndiana-discuss] Building an Installer

Dave Miner dminer at opensolaris.org
Mon Jun 6 14:27:34 UTC 2011

On 06/ 4/11 01:57 PM, Gabriele Bulfon wrote:
> Thanks ;)
> I followed instructions as here:
> http://wiki.openindiana.org:8080/display/oi/Creating+Distribution+Images
> and it seem to work fine even on dev-il.
> The only problem I see is the repo: creating the iso by downloading all the packages from
> a remote repo sounds very busy.

If you're adjusting package sets a lot, yes, it will be.  But if you're
doing customizations after the package download stage (which is the
first one) then you can use the DC's resume from a checkpoint feature to
avoid redoing that part.

> Sorry for the silly question, but....maybe I should create a clone of the repo once? How?

If you're going to do a lot of builds with DC, you'll likely find this
helpful.  pkgrecv is the tool to replicate IPS repositories.

> Then...how do I update the repo without recreating from scratch?

Again, pkgrecv.

Dave