[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 148/151dev, intel915 Xorg freezes

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 11:30:27 UTC 2011

> I'm in trouble with my "new" hp ProBook 6450b. It has a i915 Intel
> graphics card installed and running it with the vesa driver in Xorg
> works.

I had a similar problem on several desktop machines. A friend
suggested a solution that actually work: we increased the
agp aperture size (or agp window size) from 32MB to 64MB. If this is
a BIOS option please change it. If this does not work, then you
need the newer intel driver which is not currently (?) supported
because it needs KMS support.

A.S.