[OpenIndiana-discuss] CIFS Domain mode

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Jun 9 14:35:25 UTC 2011

Hi, I was testing CIFS domain mode sharing through ZFS.
I followed this article, domain mode paragraph:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19120-01/open.solaris/820-2429/smbservertasks/index.html
So I have resolver correctly pointed to the domain controller, the clock is synchroinized,
but once I try to join, I always get an error:
sonicle at server:/# smbadm join -u Administrator mydomain.lan
After joining mydomain.lan the smb service will be restarted automatically.
Would you like to continue? [no]: yes
Enter domain password:
Joining mydomain.lan ... this may take a minute ...
failed to find any domain controllers for mydomain.lan
Do I need special services configured and running?
I installed the system kerberos-5 package.
Do I also need to run the security/krb5kdc service?